During the holiday season we forgive these indulgences. Chili pork sausage, eggs and bacon Spam (you heard me right, bacon Spam) make for a Merry Cholesterol-mas. The best gift I can give my arteries this Christmas is a little extra work.
1 lb ground pork
1 T chili powder
1 t garlic pepper seasoning
½ t paprika
½ t hot red pepper flakes
¼ t powdered jalapeno
¼ t black pepper
- Mix seasonings in a bowl.
- On plate, press ground pork flat.
- Sprinkle with chili seasonings and mix the heavenly chili goodness in.
- Form into patties.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight*
- Fry until cooked
* I had to hide these patties in the nether regions of the refrigerator. It is Christmas. The last thing the world needed was to have Santa show up to our place a little early and mistake the raw pork patties for holiday cookies. Imagine how dismaying it would be for the earth’s children if Santa had to forego his annual rounds because he contracted trichinosis, or cholera, or shitzophrenia (or whatever malady wrought by eating uncooked pork). He’d be confined to spreading yuletide cheer all over our commode. I surmise of any, our children would be the most distraught by said churn of events.
Christmas Chili Breakfast Sausage
The chili sausage was leaner than I expected, but nonetheless pretty damn tasty. The spicy little pucks of chili goodness paired well with bacon spam, hashbrowns, and eggs. To top off the meal, I ran 4 ½ miles (in my red Merrell Mix Master shoes) to retrieve a 6 pack of donuts. Living large, living chili.