No need to tell me when I’ve lost the upper hand. I’ll admit, they bested me last time. This time I beat the mackerel with an electric mixer and it was fantastic.
2 large red potatoes
3 T butter
½ C half and half
1 can (15 oz) mackerel – partially drained
1 T chili powder
½ t garlic salt
2 t hot sauce
2 t lemon juice
- Microwave the potatoes until they are fully cooked.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes with butter and half and half until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the oil) and beat with an electric mixer.
- Form into hamburger sized patties.
- Fry in hot oil, turning once.
On the subject of being bested ( and hands), Mrs. Chili365 is now (no jest) a paid hand model. I can’t believe that I was one-upped on my life-long dream. Indeed, these are troubled times at the Casa de Chili.
The fish cakes were light, fluffy, and tasted of spicy fish. If this sort of thing, today’s recipe is for you. Chili Jr and I enjoyed our chili (I with a heavy, jealous heart) while Pre and the Pirate said rude things about my cooking.
Hey, if you like voting for chili, vote for my chili chicken poutine (here) (poll is on the right side of the page). I’ll (metaphorically) send you a homemade beer (and maybe I’ll send a picture of my lovely hands).