Welcome to Mocktober- an entire month of taking your favorite recipes and making them chili. One thing that won’t be mocked is the Paleo diet. I Yabba-Dabba-Don’t touch trends, that is, until chili starts trending. At that point I’ll go beyond touching and get outright intimate.
Corn chips get better with a chili touchup.
½ C corn meal
1/3 C flour
1 T chili powder
½ t baking powder
½ t garlic slat
½ t cumin
½ t mural of flavor (Penzey’s)
1 T sesame seed
¼ C milk
1 ½ T olive oil
½ T sesame oil
½ t hot sauce
½ t Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and (guess what) mix.
- Grease a cookie sheet and dust it with corn flours.
- With a rolling pin, roll the chili corn meal mixture onto the cookie sheet. Make it thin, Hoss.
- Score the flatted mixture such that it may later be easily broken into chip sized pieces.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
Mrs. Chili 365 won’t let me adopt orphaned pet ducks. I was bumming but confident, as I knew I’d get my quackers in one way or another. What I hadn’t anticipated is that my chili corn chips would be virtual chili sesame crackers. Ah, there is magic (and nitrogen) in the air. The ITP thought the crackers were so-so. I so think they kinda look like duck food. They taste better than duck food.
Not a bad start for Mocktober. In the coming days, look for more favorites, defiled by chili.
Chili365: What do you think of the chili cracker?
The Pirate: I can’t describe it.
Chili365: What do you mean?
The Pirate: I can’t describe it in a weird way.
Chili365: How about in a normal way?
The Pirate: No.