In the interest of accuracy, this chili took 11 minutes and 9 seconds to prep from start to finish. 231 previous chilis had me well-seasoning and ready for this moment. Not to totally brag, but I’ve got some seriously rad cooking quicks. Haste may make waste but the only casualty suffered tonight was a slightly damp floor and a chili splotch on the stove handle. We’re still waiting for the sonic boom to rock Casa de Chili.
1 lb ground beef
7 oz alphabet noodle
1 can tomato soup
1 C vegetable juice
2 T chili powder
½ T paprika
1 t cumin
1 can kidney beans (drained)
2/3 C chopped onions
¼ C diced pickled jalapenos
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- While beef is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions.
- To the drained beef, add soup, juice, chili, powder, paprika, cumin. Simmer briefly on high heat.
- Add beans, onions, jalapenos, and simmer briefly.
- Add cooked and drained noodles and serve.
This was one for the ages. Not only was it ready in lightning fast time, it tasted excellent. The old stand-by ingredients sure know how to charm. Throw in alphabet noodles and the whole family was all smiles. The ITP raved about tonight’s meal. It scored higher than all but a few of year’s chili offerings.
I feel the need, the need for another bowl of 11 minute alphabet chili.