When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you processed cheese, however, it’s time to run like hell. Well, this would be the typical modus operandi. Sidestepping my evolutionarily hardwired flight-or-fight stress response, today I’ve opted to engage in conflict resolution. Sure, I’ll use the “cheese”, but I’m going to hide the hell out of it- in chili.
2 T olive oil
1 ½ C chopped onions
1 ½ C chopped green pepper
1 ½ T chili powder
1 t cumin
1 t paprika
2 t hot sauce
1 lb precooked meatballs, quartered
1 C mild salsa
7 corn tortillas
½ lb shredded cheese
- Fry onions, pepper, and seasonings in oil for 8-10 minutes.
- Add meatballs and fry 5 more minutes.
- Add salsa and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a slowcooker, assemble the frankenstack- layer tortilla, cheese, chili and repeat until you have exhausted your supply.
- Cook on high for 2.5 hours.
I summed it all up in the Venn diagram below. How’s that for higher-order thinking?