It is the nights on which Mrs. Chili365 works late that the “Father of the Year” judges are watching me most closely. I half expected them to show up at the door and hand me the award as I served up tonight’s dinner of take-out pizzas and a giant dessert, gaudy with refined sugar and saturated fats. It is this and many other culinary atrocities which are the hallmark of Mrs. Chili365’s absence.
For chili pudding:
1 box (4.7 oz ) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 box (4.4 oz) instant butterscotch pudding mix (why are they of different mass?)
2 t chili powder
½ t paprika
¼ t cinnamon
4 C half and half
- Beat the pudding ingredients in a bowl until the pudding thickens.
- Store pudding in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Scoop pudding into individual bowls.
- Top liberally with cookies, whipped cream, and cherries.
If during the next few days I fail to write one of two occurrences has come to pass:
- Mrs. Chili365 realized what I have been feeding the kids and I got the hose again. (Last time I got the hose because I failed to put the lotion into the basket in a timely fashion).
- I have eaten enough dessert such that my abdomen has become distended to the point where I am no longer able to reach the keyboard.
Voted “The best dessert chili I’ve ever made” by the happy Involuntary Taste Panel (somehow the moniker doesn’t fit today), the chili flavor was righteously subtle- it tucked itself comfortably into all of the best corners of this sweet dessert.