Yesterday’s chili defeat at the hands of the pre-formed hamburger patties could not have come at a less opportune time, as the Independence Day guest ITP were (rightly) expected a bona fide magnum frickin’ chili opus. All was for not, as the patties were entirely refractory to chili flavor. While the disappearance of chili flavor into the vacuous depths of burger non-sense and non-linear space is alarming, those little prefab beef bastards will not be my Waterloo.
1 T butter
¼ C diced jalapenos (fresh)
1/3 C diced white onion
1 T chili powder
1 t paprika
1 T flour
1 C whole milk
2 t sriracha sauce
1 ½ C shredded cheddar cheese
1 ½ C diced, precooked hamburger patties.
- Fry butter, jalapenos, onion, chili powder, and paprika in a pot until the pepper and onions soften.
- Add flour and whole milk.
- Stir over medium heat until mix is thick and bubbly.
- Add sriracha, cheese and hamburger patties.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Serve over chips and top with sliced tomato.
Chili imbued victory is mine. This recipe is a winner and easily prepared on a busy summer day. Zesty chili flavor was in abundant evidence. The dish also meted out appropriately balanced doses of beefy cheesy goodness. Hoorah. As I was a grilling maniac last night, plenty of cooked and undoctored beef patties remain. Stay tuned for the chili365 vs patty rubber match.